“Is this blog post actually stretching…? Or is it your imagination?” My Disneyland fans should appreciate that opener and this craft. 💀
When you walk into the elevator of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, the room seems to stretch before your eyes and the portraits on the wall start to reveal how their subjects met with a harrowing demise. Here are the full elongated versions:
So I came up with the idea to put them on wooden blocks – that way my kiddos could have fun switching up the tops/middles/bottoms for some more laughs. I bring these out every October and they never fail to capture their attention.
Here’s how you can make them too:
1. Grab three wooden blocks (size 3.5″) and paint them with black paint on all sides.
2. Print the perfectly sized pictures on white cardstock. (See below for printable.)
3. Cut the pictures into three perfect 3.25″ squares.
4. Put a layer of Glossy Mod Podge on one side of the dried block using a foam brush and carefully center one piece of the picture and smooth it down. Then put another layer of Mod Podge over it and let it dry.
5. Repeat with the other two pictures of the scene and then with the other three scenes, making sure to work your way around the block, avoiding the tops and bottoms (since they will sit on top of each other).
*Note: Make sure that when you store these, you do so individually; preferably each in a plastic ziplock baggie. If they touch when it’s humid, sometimes the Mod Podge will get sticky and they can stick together ripping your paper off. 😦
Here is the link to the printable PDF of Disney villains. I’ve gone ahead and measured these print-outs to be precisely 3.25″ across, so all you need to do is cut them in thirds at 3.25″.
Have fun! But let us remember… “Do not drag me away with the wicked, with those who do evil, those who speak friendly words to their neighbors while planning evil in their hearts.” -Psalm 28:3 (NLT)